Sunday, February 28, 2010

No RSV, No RSV, Please, No RSV

Well, Aubrey has been sick since last weekend, but when we went to the doctor Wednesday, Dr. Parker thought it was just a cold.  On Friday, I wanted to go by Re-Runs (the local consignment shop) to sell what they had left.  So, I called Laura to see how Aubrey was before I went.  She suggested that I take him to the doctor right then. 

So, we loaded up and headed back to the doctor.  His breathing is shallow and his blood oxygen level had dropped since Wednesday.   Because Aubrey was in the hospital last year with RSV for 8 days, Dr. Parker doesn't really play around.  They tested him, but of course the test won't be back until Monday so we still don't really know. 

As of now, he is worse than on Friday, but I still don't think it is bad enough to go to the emergency room yet.  Of course, that could change before tonight.

So, we will be at the office first thing in the morning if not at the hospital before, and I feel sure they will admit Aubrey.  I hate to think about them putting him back in the hospital, but I know that putting him on oxygen is the only way this will get under control.   I'm just praying we don't have to stay as long. . . . Keep your fingers crossed.

Here are some pictures of Aubrey giving himself a breathing treatment.  He has been taking them for so long now, he tries to do it himself!  Hopefully we will have a turn in the right directing instead of a visit to the ER tonight!

 

 

No comments: