Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Party Time

This past weekend, we helped host a party for Jeff's brother, Heath and his fiance' Erin, who are getting married on March 20. 

It was a Louisiana theme, so we served gumbo and boiled shrimp and lots of other goodies to snack on with bread pudding for desert.  I do think the food was a hit! 

Here are the happy bride and groom. . . I'm not really sure why Heath has that look on his face.  I think he was talking as I snapped the picture.



Erin and Ryan, her nephew.  Erin's sister Ashley was in New Orleans running a marathon (Go Ashley!), so her dad and step-mom were baby-sitting and brought Ryan to the party for a little while.  This was about the time they were getting ready to leave because it was his bedtime.  He sure does love his E!



Ivy and Amber before the party. . . We were still setting everything up. . . The party was at Ivy and Cory's new house in Benton.  They have a fabulous place to entertain!  It was sure nice of them to have the party at their house.



Jeff and Heath with their Mom.



Cory always has to give a speech and that night was no exception!



The bride watching all the festivities.

You notice that there are no pictures of me on this post.  That is because my wonderful dear son poked his finger in my eye which in turn scratched my cornea.  So  I was in severe pain on Friday, and couldn't wear any makeup at all, which those of you who know me know I NEVER go without makeup.

By Saturday, my eye was better, but light still bothered it and I still couldn't wear any makeup, so I had to go to the party without any makeup.  After all of the guests had arrived, a friend of Jeff's who we don't see very often walked up to me and proceeded to introduce himself.  He was like "Hi, I'm _____."  I was a little confused, but I said "Hi, I'm Julie Ramsey."  And he was like "OMG, I didn't even recognize you."

So, I walked up to Jeff and asked him if I really looked that terrible because Josh didn't even recognize me.  I guess the fact that I had on no makeup, glasses, and have gotten braces again since he had seen me did make me look different!  But, I didn't think it was that drastic.

Oh well, my eye is better now, and I can wear makeup again! I guess I've worn it for so long, I'm unrecognizable without it!

No comments: